This policy is valid from May 14, 2011 and may be changed at any time. This policy is not retroactive and posts made before May 14, 2011 do not necessarily adhere to these policies. MyChicagoKids.com is a personal blog written and edited by Stacey Hoffer Weckstein and her two children. For questions about this blog, please contact email@example.com.
This blog accepts many forms of compensation, including (but not limited to) paid posts, sponsorships, advertising, products, and trips.
The compensation we receive may influence the advertising content, links, or post topics of this blog, but will never influence our opinions on any subject or product.
If a reader clicks on a link or advertisement on MyChicagoKids.com and subsequently makes a purchase on that website, or uses a discount code found on MyChicagoKids.com, we may receive some form of compensation, (cash or otherwise), from that company or website.
Compensation levels will be stated clearly at the end of any post that mentions a product, service or location that is covered by any of the levels listed below (or possibly within a post if there are many products listed, such as a gift list). If no compensation level is listed, it is to be assumed that there was no compensation involved with the post or any products, services or locations mentioned in the post. For the purposes of these levels we do not consider transportation to and from a local event, or food consumed at an event, as compensation. Compensation refers to cash, gift certificates, products, or services.
- Level 1: Some or all of the products or services mentioned were provided to us free of charge.
- Level 2: The product or service mentioned was provided free of charge and we were compensated to post about the product or service.
- Level 3: We were compensated for inserting links from a specific website in this post.
- Level 4: We were compensated for including a product in pictures or videos in this post.
- Level 5: We were compensated for attending the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 6: We were compensated for posting about the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 7: We were provided with transportation, food, lodging, tickets, and/or other incidentals for the trip mentioned in this post.
- Level 8: Although not specifically compensated for this post, we have an ongoing relationship with a company connected with a product, service or location mentioned in this post that we feel may have influenced our decision to post about it.
- Level 9: Products, services or tickets were provided to us to give away in a contest.
- Level 10: Products, services or tickets were provided to us to give away in a contest and to keep for our own use.
- Level 11: We were compensated for administering this contest or party.
- Level 12: The product or service mentioned advertises directly with MyChicagoKids.com.
- Level 13 The product or service mentioned was bought and paid for with our own hard earned money and we just had to share it with you.
If mommy is given free products of minimal value, (under $1,000), at a conference, event or meeting that are being given to all attendees, such as bags, books, water bottles, small product samples, coupons, etc., we do not consider these items as compensation and will not necessarily mention them when talking about a product.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own, unless otherwise stated. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. If we quote from a press release or other source, that content will be clearly marked.
We do not have control of which products, services or locations appear in advertisements hosted by third parties, and are not influenced in any way by these advertisements.
We are not responsible for anything that happens to anyone as a result of following our advice or reviews, or purchasing a product or service as a result of reading MyChicagoKids.com.