Day 1 at Mission Point / Day 2 at Mission Point
My entire family was sad to leave Mission Point Resort. We were only there for 2 ½ days, but they were long happy days filled with tons of summer memories.
When you start planning your summer vacation for 2012, I highly recommend Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island.
Top 10 Reasons to Vacation at Mission Point Resort
1. The family suites feature two separate bedrooms, which gives your kids space and you some extra rest and relaxation.
2. Kids eat free at the resort.
3. The Activity Center offers tons of recreational activities including bike rentals, bocce ball, hay rides, outdoor games, crafts, picnics, boating, lighthouse tours, and off-island excursions through Michigan’s scenic Upper Peninsula (the staff are really friendly).
4. Mission Point is home the island’s only movie theater.
5. The Greens of Mackinac, the resorts 18 hole putting course, has spectacular views of the lake (we played 3 times in 3 days).
6. The outdoor heated pool, which was just what my family needed to refresh and relax after each of our busy days on the island.
7. The Adirondack chairs on Mission Point’s lakefront lawn. Yes, I admit, I took an afternoon nap in one on day 2 of our trip.
8. The Tower Museum, which offers views and history of Mackinac Island.
9. It’s so quiet! NO cars are allowed on the island, which means there is so traffic!
10. The food from Mission Point Resort’s four restaurants. I highly recommend the grilled asparagus, tuffle fries, and Smore’s for dessert at Bistro on The Greens.
Learn more at www.missionpoint.com.